Rant Image

The Risk

Understanding DAC7 Compliance

Submitted by anonymous » Mon 25-Mar-2024, 03:49

Subject Area: General

1 member rating

I've been hearing a lot about DAC7 lately, especially in relation to tax compliance for digital businesses. However, I'm still a bit unclear about what it entails exactly. Can someone break it down for me? What are the key requirements under DAC7, and how does it differ from previous regulations? Also, are there any specific actions digital businesses need to take to ensure compliance with DAC7?

1 Comment 

Member Comments

RE: Understanding DAC7 Compliance

DAC7

By xxxxx » Mon 25-Mar-2024, 06:42, My rating: ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭

I can help shed some light on dac7 compliance. DAC7 stands for the Seventh Directive on Administrative Cooperation, and it primarily focuses on improving tax transparency and combating tax evasion in the digital economy within the European Union (EU). One of the key aspects of DAC7 is the extension of automatic exchange of information to cover digital platforms, such as online marketplaces and platforms facilitating the rental of accommodation. Under DAC7, digital platforms are required to collect and report information on the income earned by sellers on their platforms, including details such as gross transaction amounts, seller identities, and the type of goods or services sold. This information is then shared with tax authorities to ensure proper taxation.

Email to a friend

Email this Risk Statement to a friend

%0ASee:%0A http://www.chambers.com.au/forum/view_post.php?frm=3%26pstid=54556" alt="Email to a friend" />