management by deliverables
A key principle of effective project management is:
Manage a project by what is delivered not by someone else's
opinion of progress. If you can't see it or touch it, it is not
complete. Don't ask "How's it going", ask for
5 Key Rules
- Define all tasks in terms of tangible short term deliverables.
- Set delivery intervals at 5 to 10 days (3 weeks maximum).
- Obtain commitment from the developer on the schedule for
- Monitor the progress of large deliverable creation with
intermediate analytical deliverables.
- Formally inspect and accept the completed deliverable.