Rant Image

The Rant

Family. Kindness. Friends.

Submitted by Maddison » Thu 06-May-2021, 23:01

Subject Area: General

2 member ratings

Kindly, Hoffman refrains from mocking my unassisted self-description: “I’m a loving person who likes trying new restaurants and a sweet treat before bed.” (I never realized how dirty that sounds.) She asks about my hobbies, how my coworkers would fill in the “most likely to” blank. She then revises my profile, noting that I love cooking vegetables I grow in my garden, that Dave Chappelle has my kind of humor, that “meeting new people excites me: I could spend half an hour talking to the cashiers at Trader Joe’s.”

Three-quarters of the profile should be about me, and the other quarter about what I want in a mate, says Hoffman, who tells me to be specific here, too: The goal isn’t to attract everyone, it’s to find The One. We come up with “My ideal match is someone who loves family, has an opinion on current events, and can hold his own at a cocktail party on a Friday night, then chill with me on a lazy Sa ... ay.” The final touch is a headline that sums up my approach to life, like a personal slogan. Hoffman suggests “Family. Kindness. Friends. Faith. That’s what I value most.” Hmm. I’m spiritual and go to church, but “faith” sounds heavy. I swap it for “fun.”

3 Comments 

Member Comments

RE: Family. Kindness. Friends.

web

By fergus » Mon 06-Jun-2022, 17:43, My rating: ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭

He spoke about long term goals, showing an interest in the long term sustainability ecommerce web design agencies

3 Comments  • Page 1 of 3 •         1   2   3  » Next

Email to a friend

Email this Rant to a friend

%0ASee:%0A http://www.chambers.com.au/forum/view_post.php?frm=1%26pstid=10140" alt="Email to a friend" />